Monday, July 29, 2013

Surface Blip

Hi there!

As expected, work and personal obligations have been keeping me mighty busy lately!  So I haven't had time to push revisions forward as much as I'd like, though progress is being made!

In the meantime, I've got this first draft manuscript.  It's got a long way to go in terms of polish and structural revisions, but I hate to see it languish all unloved on my hard drive while I work on making my schedule more manageable.

I don't know, this is probably dumb.  Who ever heard of a writer that lets everyone read their first draft?  That's the awful draft, isn't it?  The one nobody's supposed to see.

But as a designer, I try not to be afraid of failure.  Failure is how we make progress - it is the only way to become better.  And there's a certain heft to seeing a such a thing in all its ungainly glory.  A blog site doesn't look like a novel.  A novel looks like a novel.  Right?

So, here's a link to that first draft, all 500 freaking pages of it.  If you want to read it, I'd be most obliged.  If you want to provide opinions and feedback, that'd be even better.  Like I said, there's plenty I intend to rework, but I'm sure your wisdom and insight would benefit me even at this stage.

Ehaema - Alpha Draft

And while I'm at it, here's a link to that short interactive fiction I put together over a weekend:

Cyclic Dream

Download, and use your browser to play it.

Back to work for me, but I'm keeping an eye on the place, never fear.  See you around - and don't be a stranger, stranger.


Eidolon

(Edit 8/25:  Okay, I think everyone that wanted to see this has probably grabbed it.  Now that I'm getting into editing things, I'm going to go ahead and take this link down.  As always, if you want to read it, you can just visit the February 29th entry on this blog and read forward from there.  Meanwhile I'll just be over here, typing.)

No comments: